lunes, 11 de febrero de 2013

Machu Picchu

After three weeks of travelling with my best friend and seeing and doing a lot of different things, I am back home. Home. And finally I have time to think and reflect on every marvellous and almost miraculous thing I lived. 
Right after dawn in Machu Picchu
I climbed up to Machu Picchu, pretty awesome I must say, and there I realized how much I hate my Spanish blood. Killer blood. Murder blood. Apart from that, being up there, around 2400 metres above sea level, got me to sort of write a line across history and see that my aims are so small and easy to reach, that my life is more shallow than I like it to be. I loved it up there, surrounded by greens and browns and winds. Of course they were one of the most amazing cultures ever. Of course they were destroyed. Not only they killed almost every Inca in Perú and Sudamerica, they didn't even bother to preserve or to learn the knowledge of the land they had, the cosmo vision of the world they had, so sad. 
And the Spaniards kept on ruining the Inca Sacred Temple of Machu Picchu till the 70s. Yes, 1970s. What a fucked up world we live in sometimes, ah?
Having said all this, and having expressed my hate for the Spaniards, Machu Picchu was a mind blowing experience that I will never forget. And I hate to admit it, my friends didn't notice, I cried when I got there. Because, believe me: after 4 days in the jungle, hiking up and down mountains, getting bitten by mosquitos, going through the most ridiculuos feelings (when I walk for so long in such areas I start thinking about things that I avoid most times) and stepping the Inca stairs up to Machu Picchu, whether you like it or not, you might want to cry. Of joy. (I am very emotional, I know...) I probably felt all that what happened years ago, all the things that were going on on such mountains, so sacred, so imposing, so magnificent and spiritual. All that, the Spaniards couldn't kill. Decades and decades later, I could still feel it. It was not magical, on the contrary, it was very real. 
Just chilling
When the tour thing ended and we had all that time to walk around and to see and admire the place, we got to the top and just sat there. I guess none of the three of us wanted to say a word. They wouldn't do justice. I think no one can describe it, the ones that have been there know what I am talking about. I just sat there and there was no thought in mind, my eyes were so busy, my body just relaxed and my soul was not in me any more, it was out there dancing in the remains, in the mountains and in the river, flying in such a blue sunny sky.
I don't know. It was out of this world.
I had been to other places but I never felt anything like it. So real. Free. Light.
No wonder why it's one of the seven wonders. It should be a human right to visit Machu Picchu in one's life.
The whole experience of getting there is undescribable, it took us 4 days, we walked some of the real Inca trail and being immersed in such nature was pretty impactful to me. The city seems to be a robot now, the nature's the human. No make up, no clothes. So beautiful. It felt more like me in a way, I felt more comfortable, and while plunged into the jungle or the rain forest I couldn't help to face some things of life, my personal life, you know, the sappy I usually write on my other blog. 

To sum it up, Machu Picchu was a complete experience for the body, the mind and the soul. And no. It cannot be compared to anything, that is why everybody should just do it.

Cata, Marie y yo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario